Why attend this learning programme?
This course covers the various types of hydraulic systems found on earthmoving equipment machines, the components that make them up and the operation. Course delegates will gain an in-depth knowledge of these systems to assist them in conducting relevant troubleshooting and maintenance procedural requirements.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted for all earthmoving equipment mechanics, who want to enhance their knowledge of various hydraulic systems in order to perform maintenance duties efficiently.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must have a working knowledge of earthmoving equipment machines, a sound knowledge of hydraulic fundamentals and must be able to communicate at an NQF level 2: literacy and numeracy.
What are learning outcomes?
- Explain the operation of a basic hydraulic system
- Identify and explain hydraulic system valves and their operation
- Explain the operation of LS, LSPC, PPPC and Negative Flow systems
- Identify and explain the functions of hydraulic system components
- Explain the flow of oil when a Directional Control Valve is activated
What will you learn?
- Introduction to hydraulic principles
- Basic diagrams and Systems
- LS Hydraulic system components
- LS hydraulic system operation
- LSPC Hydraulic system components
- LSPC Hydraulic system operation
- PPPC Operation
- Negative Flow system operation
- Analysis and review of various systems
- Knowledge assessment
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 12 delegates for the theory training.
This training course is aligned to the following unit standards:
|Unit Std ID||Unit Standard Description||NQF Level||No of Credits|
|244690||Demonstrate basic knowledge of hydraulic components||2||3|
|244716||Demonstrate understanding of the operating principles of hydraulic components||3||6|
|244126||Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems||4||6|