Why attend this learning programme?
This course is suitable for people that are in the process of making a new change in their lives, how to
prepare for the change and how to implement the changes in their lives. It is about making people
aware of their current realities, how to set performance goals, manage own time, create own CV,
prepare for interviews and attend interviews.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted for all employees.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must have a working knowledge of basic management principles and must be able
to communicate at an NQF level 1: literacy and numeracy.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understanding the current realities
- Developing options
- Set performance goals and measures
- Develop development action plans
- Monitor and evaluate performance goals
- Create and implement a diary
- Create a task list and prioritise the tasks
- Write own CV
- Prepare and attend job interviews
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 20 delegates
for the theory training.
What will you learn?
- Getting a picture of where you are
- Identifying obstacles and Exploring the past
- Identifying paths and Choosing your approach
- Structuring a plan
- Define performance management
- Benefits of a performance management system
- Objectives of a performance management system
- Principles of a performance management system
- Scope of a performance management
- The performance management model
- How to develop a performance contract
- The “SMART” principle of setting goals
- How to conduct performance reviews
- Development Action Plans (DAP) or Individual Development Action Plans (IDP)
- The nature of time and how we use time
- Procrastination and some examples on how to control procrastination
- How to create a task list / To-Do action list
- The Urgent and Important matrix for prioritising tasks
- How to write your own CV
- Points to look out for when writing a CV
- How to prepare for an interview
- Steps in an interview