Why attend this learning programme?
The main idea is to assist course delegates to pinpoint good practices as well as practices that cost the mine their bottom line. Course delegates will come up with a presentation to management on how they can deliver products and services safely and at the lowest cost per ton.
Who should attend?
This learning course is intended for people who work in the mining sector and are responsible for the mine’s production.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must be able to communicate at an NQF level 3: literacy, numeracy and must be computer literate.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Explain machine cycle times
- Estimate and calculate loader, dozer and truck production
- Explain the correct loading conditions
- Explain haul road maintenance
- Explain the care and maintenance of earth-moving equipment tires and tracks.
What will you learn?
- Machine cycle times
- Machine production estimations and calculations
- Correct loading techniques
- Haul road design and maintenance
- Care and maintenance of tires
- Care and maintenance of tracks
This training course is NOT aligned to any Unit Standards on the SAQA Website.
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 20 delegates.