Why attend this learning programme?
We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement.
This course helps people plan for negotiation, understand the different personality styles and to structure a negotiation based on the personality styles, and most important, close the negotiation successfully.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted for all junior and idle managers that are involved in negotiations from time to time.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must have a working knowledge of basic management principles and must be able to communicate at an NQF level 3: literacy, numeracy, and computer literacy.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Define negotiation and Identify steps for proper negotiation preparation.
- How to negotiate effectively with different personality styles.
- Define principled negotiation and identify the four steps in the negotiation process.
- Learn bargaining techniques and strategies of inventing options for mutual gain and move negotiations from bargaining to closing.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to negotiations
- Understand personality types
- How to select the best strategy for each personality type.
- Prepare for negotiation
- How to successfully open the negotiation
- How to exchange information and bargain
- How to handle opposition, and
- How to close the negotiation
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 20 delegates for the theory training. This will enable each participant to get an opportunity to participate fully in group sessions.