Why attend this learning programme?
This course is about making the best use of your team and its members so that they can achieve your
organisation's objectives. It covers allocating work, agreeing objectives, and setting out plans and
methods of working. It also involves monitoring and evaluating the work of your team and its
members and providing feedback to them on their performance.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted for all managers that have people reporting to them.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must have a working knowledge of basic management principles and must be able
to communicate at an NQF level 3: literacy, numeracy, and computer literacy.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Set performance goals and measures,
- Formulate development plans, and
- Monitor and evaluate performance
What will you learn?
- Define performance management
- Define a performance contract
- Define a balanced scorecard
- Benefits of a performance management system
- Objectives of a performance management system
- Principles of a performance management system
- Scope of a performance management
- The performance management model
- How to incorporate the company vision, mission, values and slogans in performance management
- How to develop a performance contract or a balanced scorecard
- The “SMART” principle of setting goals
- Getting commitment to the performance management process
- Weight allocation to performance goals
- How to conduct performance reviews
- How to give performance related feedback
- Development Action Plans (DAP) or Individual Development Action Plans (IDP)
- Roles in the performance management system
This training course is aligned to Unit standard No: 11473. Manage individual and team performance
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 20 delegates
for the theory training.