Why attend this learning programme?
This course covers the basic navigation of Service Information System (SIS) including saving, retrieving, and printing of documents. Course delegates will be able to confidently search, retrieve and print all available documents they require for various types of maintenance to the desired quality standard.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted for all earthmoving equipment technicians, who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of machine systems for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must have a working knowledge of earthmoving equipment machine systems, basic computer skills and must be able to communicate at an NQF level 2: literacy and numeracy.
What are learning outcomes?
- Identify the necessary components in order to operate SIS
- State the type of SIS delivery method used
- Be able to set all required system preferences
- Explore all available links (screens) within the SIS programme
What will you learn?
- Introduction to SIS
- Components required to operate SIS
- Set system preferences
- The importance of using the full Serial Number
- Product Structure search method
- Document Structure search method
- SMCS Code search method
- Basic search method
- As shipped Engine
- Filter search
- Additional Service Information
- Access Methods – Product ID Not Required
- Course consolidation
- Learner Final Assessment
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 12 delegates for the training.