Why attend this learning programme?
The main idea of this course is to assist course delegates to pinpoint safe good practices when driving the machines around the workplace. The course is not intended for operators of earthmoving equipment machines who operate the machine in a productive situation.
Who should attend?
This learning course is intended for earthmoving equipment artisans and artisan assistants who need to move machines from one place to the other during maintenance.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must be able to communicate at an NQF level 2: literacy and numeracy.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Explain safety procedures when starting, stopping, driving and shutdown procedures
- Carry out pre-operational checks
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Carry out starting procedures
- Drive a selected machine in and around the workplace
- Carry out stopping procedures, and
- Park the machine according to manufacturer and work site procedures
1 Day theory followed by 1 Day practical training and assessment.
What will you learn?
- Machine cycle times
- Machine production estimations and calculations
- Correct loading techniques
- Haul road design and maintenance
- Care and maintenance of tires and tracks
This training course is NOT aligned to any Unit Standards on the SAQA Website.
What is the preferred number of delegates per course?
For the best benefit to learners, we require a minimum of 6 delegates and a maximum of 10 delegates.